Cucumber and Cream Cheese Sandwiches (Yields 20 Sandwiches)
- 1⁄2 English Cucumber unpeeled
- 2 ounces whipped cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 5 slices white bread, cut very thin (slice regular pieces in half if you have to)
- 5 slices whole wheat bread, cut very thin (slice regular pieces in half if you have to)
- Cut cucumber with a mandolin to make very fine slices. Lay slices on paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, stir cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt and dill together until smooth.
- Spread each slice of bread with a layer of the cream cheese mixture. Then lay cucumber slices in overlapping rows on one half of the bread slices. Top with remaining wheat bread slices.
- Cut crusts from each sandwich and then cut into quarters.